This course enables educators to develop, increase and demonstrate knowledge about how to apply the guidelines of differentiated instruction to mathematics instruction. Emphasis is on evidence-based practices structured by a responsive decision-making framework for all students to achieve at the highest possible level. Content includes how to use pre-assessment, continuous assessment, and summative assessments to design and deliver effective lessons for initial instruction in mathematics and how to effectively use flexible small group instruction to respond to individual learner needs.
- Course Dates: September 22 through December 8, 2021
- Inservice Points: 30 SWD Points
- Instructor: Lisa Shin
- Meetings: There will be three required virtual meetings during the course, with the first meeting on September 22, 2021.
- Deadline to Register: September 15, 2021
- Registration: See the Professional Development page under the PDA Facilitated Courses tab