Guidance and Counseling for the Gifted
Guidance and Counseling for the Gifted provides an overview of the theory, research, practical strategies, and resources on guidance and counseling, with an emphasis on classroom applications in the gifted classroom. Participants will understand holistic developmental characteristics of gifted children, will be able to identify risk factors related to gifted students, and will be to support social skills, career exploration, and leadership development of gifted students. This 12-week course is one of the five courses for the completion of the Gifted Endorsement.
- Course Dates: October 3 through December 12, 2022 (12 weeks)
- Inservice Points: 60 Points
- Instructor: Gina Sandusky-Nelson
- Meetings: There will be three required virtual meetings during the course: October 3, November 14, and December 5, 2022
- Deadline to Register: September 30, 2022
- Registration: See the Professional Development page under the Gifted Endorsement Courses tab